Thank you, Sumaya , for nominating me!
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give this award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two advice to new bloggers. List who nominated you in your post. Make sure to attach the award yourself!
3. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to your award post.
4. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. This way, anyone can find the original post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Why I started blogging:
Honestly, I don’t know why I started blogging. I think part of it was because it allows me to extend my stay in the worlds of my books. I always have this profound sadness, almost a feeling of grief, when I finish a really great book. I hate to leave the characters and lives that I’ve come to know and love so well. Writing about them allows me to experience them for just a little bit longer. Also, I really enjoy writing. I don’t have the background or credentials to do it professionally, so blogging provides me with a great outlet.
I’m a new blogger myself, so I don’t know how qualified I am to give advice to new bloggers, but I’ll give it a shot!
- Be yourself. I know it sounds cliche, BUT, it’s the best advice I can give. Don’t apologize for how you feel or what you write. Write what you think and don’t think twice about it. People read your blog because they want to hear what YOU have to say, not what you think they want you to say. Are you sarcastic? Great! A hopeless romantic? Tell us about it! Have no fear and love yourself. If you can do that, others will love you too!
- DON’T post on every outlet you can find for people to follow your blog. No offense honey, but it’s obnoxious. Tell us what you and your blog are about, and let us make our own decisions. “OMG FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW” is more likely to repel new readers and followers than it is to attract them.
For the Blogger Recognition Award, I nominate:
We Read That Too
The Book Venom
Sam Still Reading
In Libris Veritas
The Girl Who Read Too Much
Dingbat and Dollface
Big City Bookworm