Welcome to my weekly Sunday Wrap-Up. Here you’ll find what I’ve been up to this week: An overview of my posts, My weekly book haul, and my favorite post on another blog that I’ve read this week. Enjoy 🙂
This week, I’ve really been trying to work on a couple of things, some more successful than others.
- Keeping up with comments (responding to them): I’m not great at this (SORRY!) but I am working on it, I promise!
- Incorporating more of my own photos into my posts rather than depending on google
- Trying to figure out Bloglovin’: I feel like I must be missing something here…
I also signed up for my first blog tour this week with Chapter-by-Chapter, and I’m super stoked about it, so stay tuned for that!
Posts from this Week:
It’s been a pretty cool week at Yellow, Green, and Read All Over, so here’s a chance to catch up on what you might have missed:
I did a little experiment with my blog about how frequency of posts correlates with readership. Click on the picture to check it out!
If you have a Kindle, and you haven’t paid to not receive ads, you’ve heard about this book… I gave it 4/5 Stars
I’ve seen this book a lot around the blogosphere recently and finally got to read it. It was fan-freaking-tastic! 5/5 stars from me!
This Week’s Book Haul:
This Saturday, as I do every 6 weeks or so, I woke up before the sun and dragged myself an hour away to go to a book sale. Here’s my haul for this week:
- Angels & Demons by Dan Brown: I’ve picked up the rest of the series in hardback over the last couple of weeks
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer: I’m a total Gleek, so when I saw this, I may or may not have done a happy dance
- Sleep, Pale Sister by Joanne Harris: I love Chocolat….so….yeah.
- Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman: I’m a sucker for books that have been made into movies, and this is one of my favorites
- Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter: I’ve heard a lot about this series from other blogs, so I’m excited to dig into it!
- My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones: I just love all things Austen ❤
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead: Written by the same author of Vampire Academy = Autobuy
- ARC: Fallen Beauty by Erika Robuck: No secret I’m a huge fan of Erika Robuck, so an ARC is my holy grail
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt: Heard tons about it, but never read it
This week I received a hardback copy of The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra from Crown Publishing and Blogging for Books. I’m trying desperately to find time to read it, but luckily it’s a collection of short stories, so I can read it in pieces!
Post of The Week:
I try to spend at least a few hours a week reading other blog posts and my favorite by far this week was “How To Be Kind To Book Bloggers” by Paper Fury. There’s a lot of good advice here and a lot of things we definitely need to remember when interacting with other bloggers. Go check it out and leave some love!
That’s all for this week!